I’m a well-rounded Digital/Inbound Marketer with an entrepreneurial background. I owned my own photography business for a decade before launching a series of internet startups. In the process of those launches, I fell in love with the marketing and have pursued Inbound Marketing for seven years. If I’m not reading, thinking, writing, growing, and having a chuckle while doing it, I’m not a happy guy.
Where I live:
I live (next to my in-laws) in Johnson City, Tennessee. It’s a town of 60,000 (just the right size) in the heart of the Appalachians.
What I love doing (when not at work):
Family. My wife and I were married in 1995. She’s the only girl I ever dated. We have three teenage daughters and one baby girl (adopted). I often combine two other “loves” by hiking while listening to audiobooks by George MacDonald, an under-appreciated 19th century fantasy writer, novelist, and theologian.
What you do (professionally)
I contribute to both the Inbound and Growth-Driven Design teams at Lean Labs. Basically, that means I get to do all the fun stuff - strategize, create, write, analyze, and optimize.
What makes you good at it?
I’m naturally curious, logical, and creative.
Why do you do it for Lean Labs?
I love the way this company is run. Value over profit. No fluff, just results. Incentivized excellence.
- HubSpot Certified Content Marketer
- HubSpot Certified Growth-Driven Design
- HubSpot Certified Inbound Sales
- HubSpot Certified Email Marketer
- HubSpot Certified Inbound Marketer
- Direct-Response Copywriting Specialist - Digital Marketer
- Certified Customer Value Optimization Specialist - Digital Marketer
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Email Specialist
- IBM Marketing Cloud Integrations
- IBM Marketing Cloud Professional
- Kentico Certified Marketer
- MECLABS Online Testing
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords & Video
- Made To Stick - The Heath Brothers
- Everybody Writes - Ann Handley
- Content Rules - Ann Handley
- How To Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie
- How To Think - Alan Jacobs
- On Writing - Stephen King