Hi, I’m Joanna! I’m originally from Atlanta, Georgia, but have been enjoying the life of a digital nomad for a few years now. My travels have taken me from Costa Rica to Istanbul, and everywhere in between. Along the way, I’ve enjoyed working with startups and companies in eCommerce, SEO, email marketing, business intelligence, travel and tourism, and other sectors.
For the past five years I’ve been helping companies improve their websites, drive more leads, and close more sales. I have a background in writing, and graduated from the University of California - Santa Cruz with an honors degree in English Language Literature. I’ve enjoyed building upon my writing foundation to specialize in inbound marketing.
When I’m not helping others grow their businesses, I have a few passion projects that I enjoy tinkering with (and trying new marketing experiments on!). I have an eCommerce shop, Pura Vida Body.
I’m passionate about creating inspiring and actionable content, and love email marketing. Watching traffic grow, and qualified leads increase, as a result of targeted SEO optimized campaigns and content is one of the most satisfying aspects of my job.
I am so happy to be a part of the Lean Labs team of passionate, knowledgeable marketers, designers, and developers. Being able to effectively implement work for our clients from anywhere in the world is inspiring.
- HubSpot Marketing Software Certification
- HubSpot Inbound Certification
- HubSpot Agency Partner Certification
- HubSpot Email Marketing Certification
- DigitalMarketer Email Marketing Certified
- Email marketing strategy, campaigns, automation, segmentation
- eCommerce email marketing strategy & transactional and trigger based email strategy
- Inbound content strategy & creation
- Inbound lead generation
- SEO optimization and strategy
- Content amplification and optimization
Rand Fishkin, Reshma Saujani, Tim Ferriss
- Predictable Revenue - Aaron Ross
- The 4-Hour Workweek - Tim Ferriss
- The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell
- All Marketers Are Liars - Seth Godin
- Trust Me, I'm Lying - Ryan Holiday
Where I Live:
Currently, in Europe.
What I love doing (not at work):
- Exploring new places, foods, cultures, art, and music.
- Walking my dog along the beach or up a mountain.
- Surfing - when I can find a wave or two.
- Learning something new - currently trying to Aprender Español :)
My Principle Role at Lean Labs
Inbound Marketing Director
What Makes Me Good At It?
I give every client 100%, and work with them to create a strong foundation and strategy for inbound marketing that not only resonates with their target audience, but also attracts their ideal leads. I am always up for testing new ideas, and enjoy analyzing the results, optimizing, and testing again. Continuous improvement and working toward measurable goals together to get amazing results makes my day.
Why Lean Labs?I love working with a variety of clients, in a variety of industries, on a variety of projects, every day. Being able to work from anywhere, and be super effective, is an amazing experience.