- How To Write A Good Introduction For A B2B Blog Post
- Address The Reader's Primary Beliefs Right Away
- Understand And Leverage Their Emotional State
- Add A Compelling And Recent Stat
- Admit Any Bias And Call Out Any BS
- Introduce Conflict That Your Reader Is Going To Care About
- Tell Them Exactly What They'll Get
- Creating Incredibly Valuable, Customer-Centric Content
Let me ask you something. Who's your celebrity crush?
Whenever I meet someone new, I ask them that question. It sounds silly, but it's a great icebreaker. The answers are always interesting, and I feel like I know the person better after asking.
I try to do the same whenever I write an introduction. I pose a question or idea that catches the reader off guard and gets them thinking.
Take this post. Here we are writing a blog post about introductions, and I'm asking you about a celebrity crush. You might think it doesn't connect, but if you're still reading this, it worked.
When it comes to blog intros, there are a lot of things you can try to keep it interesting. Because if your blog introduction doesn't hook the reader, your blog post is never going to have high engagement.