The Top 14 HubSpot Competitors and Alternatives
What platforms and softwares should you include in your martech stack?
- Easy implementation.
- Automatic lead scoring.
- Exceptional customer support, according to several enthusiastic TrustRadius reviews.
- Some integration hiccups.
- Ongoing problems with the CRM.
- Four pricing tiers that start at just $29/month. Tiers include Starter ($29), Small Biz ($99), Team ($199), and Professional ($299). All are billed semi-annually.
- Small businesses that need to get a lot from their marketing efforts.
Ontraport is designed for entrepreneurs, small businesses, and solopreneurs. The all-in-one, integrated software makes it possible to keep an in-depth contact record for every lead, which includes their purchase history, lead score, customized fields, etc. It’s a good choice for e-commerce and small businesses looking to conduct highly segmented sales and marketing campaigns.
Companies that have had success with Ontraport range in industry and include small to mid-size businesses such as LearningHerbs, Book More Brides, Basic Bananas, and Italian Fix. These Ontraport appreciate the platform’s time-saving functionality for manual tasks, ability to increase team productivity, and ability to create custom record types.
- Sleek, intuitive interface.
- Simplifies back end processes.
- No hefty fees upfront.
- Significant learning curve.
- Limited email functionality.
- Four pricing tiers that begin at $79/month. Basic ($79), Plus ($147), Pro ($247), Enterprise ($497).
- Niche companies and organizations.
What About HubSpot?
It's no secret that we're big fans of HubSpot. And that's simply because the software has worked so well for us. So well, in fact, that we have turned down free newbie automation software providers who wanted our endorsement in exchange for free product.
For the sake of comprehensiveness, we've created a HubSpot breakdown too. Besides providing a robust range of marketing automation capabilities—lead scoring, smart forms, blog management, drip campaigns, social media campaigns—HubSpot excels in other areas as well:
1. You don't have to be a developer to customize your campaigns (the whole team can learn it fairly quickly).
2. The customer support is knowledgeable and super dependable.
- Shallow learning curve + large community of users to draw back on.
- Clear, intuitive content management dashboard.
- All-in-one solution with email marketing, social media sharing, and ad campaign tracking.
- Built from the inbound marketing methodology perspective - pairs well with companies interested in inbound marketing.
- Editing isn't always streamlined; jumping between several different screens often required.
- Limited "permissions structure" that allows anyone to edit anything.
- Lack of customization options in reporting dashboard.
Three price plans, with scaling features, from $200 to $2,400 per month.
- Businesses who want "quick wins" without having to become a tech expert.
- Those wanting a program that can grow with them, offering more advanced tools.
- Companies who are interested in inbound marketing and creating content.
- Companies like Shopify, Care.com, and of course Lean Labs, have found HubSpot to be a great addition to their marketing stack.
While HubSpot initially seems expensive, the level of efficiency your company gains from having an all-in-one growth tool, far outweighs the cost of the platform.
HubSpot is more than marketing automation. It's a productivity tool.
At the end of the day, HubSpot is the only growth stack that can be used to run digital marketing, connect to sales, and host your website. It is the only tool on this list that you can build your brand experience while seamlessly integrating with your sales pipeline and opportunity management. The only tool that you can do all of these key growth activities and have the data and reporting on all of it in one system.
Choosing The Right Marketing Automation Software
As you can see, when it comes to choosing marketing automation software, the options are plentiful. The key is choosing a solution that is both within your budget and contains the features you most value.
For example, if you know your team is lacking in tech-savviness, choosing a provider with a solid reputation for A+ customer support is probably a good idea. Additionally, make sure you have a clear understanding of your marketing goals and a strong strategy in place before putting down your credit card.
You don't want to pay for more features than you need any more than you want to cobble together solutions for missing capabilities. Remember, no matter which option you choose, marketing automation software is not a pangea—it's a tool that is only as effective as the plan behind it.
Learn how to save up to 60% off of your first year of HubSpot. Get our HubSpot Savings Guide.
About Lean Labs
The only outsourced growth team with a track record of 10X growth for SaaS & Tech co's. 🚀