On the last day of March, a mutual contact introduced us to an exciting entertainment brand, ZinePak. Founders Brittany Hodak and Kim Kaupe were slated to present ZinePak on the extremely popular Television show, Shark Tank.
Getting ZinePak Ready for Shark Tank
In order to maximize the business value from their pending national spotlight, ZinePak needed a new website, and fast. They had been working with another web design agency for a few months, but were becoming concerned that the project wasn't moving in the right direction.
With the national spotlight looming a few weeks away, their patience was depleted. After conferring with friends, they decided the right thing to do was to engage an entirely new web partner, even with Shark Tank so quickly on the horizon.
ZinePak Called Lean Labs
That same day, Brittany phoned Kevin and explained their situation. They only had a few weeks to get an entirely new website designed, built, and launched in time for Shark Tank. That evening, Kevin worked late into the night studying their brand, buyer personas, and website/marketing goals.
The next day, April 1st, ZinePak was presented the first wireframe for their new website, and a plan for delivering the project with time to spare.
Brittany and Kim liked the wireframe, and trusted the plan, and gave the go order.
The next two days were spent gathering requirements, messaging, and building a detailed strategy for the project. Kevin teamed up with Giles, our head designer, and both of them hustled like crazy to push the project to completion.
The Timeline of the ZinePak Project:
- Day 1: The first wireframe was delivered.
- Day 3: A detailed project strategy was agreed upon.
- Day 4: The first mockup was delivered. (Easter Sunday)
- Day 6: The Portfolio mockup was delivered.
- Day 8: All amends and revisions were loaded.
- Day 12: The first version of all pages was presented.
- Day 15: The final version (version 5) was delivered.
- Day 17: Coded pages were delivered and approved.
- Day 21: Key pages of the site were built into HubSpot.
In total, the ZinePak project launched on HubSpot inside of 3 weeks time.
The total cost of the project was around $15,000.00
Here's what our client, ZinePak, had to say about the project: